Sales teams are under constant pressure to meet customer expectations, as well as bringing in revenue for the company. These pressures increase due to globalization. As per Aberdeen survey; companies that implement mobile sales force automation solutions are 1.5 times more likely to see an improvement in sales force productivity versus those that do not. Sales teams are increasingly looking for Mobile CRM technologies so that the field reps will be able to handle the more customer demands on a global basis in an effective way.
Companies that want to shorten the sales cycle typically face several major obstacles:
- Manual data entry takes away longer time: If a rep receives the list of his lead via email, he then has to manually key the data from the list into his customer relationship management (CRM) system. If he is slow in entering those data that will eat up crucial hours of his prime selling time. Analyzing a prospect’s profile means you have to spend hours researching companies and contacts online even before the first call. And once they’ve made the call, you still need more manual data entry. According to that CSO Insights study, salespeople are spending 18.8% of their time generating leads and researching accounts.
- Sales reporting cuts into selling time: Sales reps can spend hours each week gathering information on current sales opportunities to satisfy management requests – and sometimes rushing to meet deadlines. Some study say that sales reps were spending 60% or more of their time in non-selling activities such as paperwork, reports, training, and sales meetings. The CSO Insights study also found that salespeople are spending nearly a quarter of their time on meetings and administrative tasks, including reporting.
- Lack of sharing useful information: If information is not shared with other co-worker or Manager, you may miss some good opportunities. If they can’t easily see what your colleagues are doing, reps may worry that a call will interfere with the efforts of one of their sales colleagues. This way a hot prospect may go cold due to the delay.
- On-the road means disengaging with company information: Sales reps on the road without quick access to corporate systems can’t effectively address questions, place orders, or even compile detailed notes. Once they return to the office, they have to go through emails, spreadsheets, and handwritten notes to put detail information of each meeting within the company’s system and that leads to more time lost.
Mobile CRM solution should help you boost efficiency in ways you can measure, as quickly as possible.
74% of companies have allowed mobile access to CRM applications— and have increased the productivity of their sales teams by 14.6%
- Lead entry process should be automated: A good mobile CRM system can capture the contents of web forms and convert them into leads. A good mobile CRM app also captures lead from the social crm site. Then the system automatically allocate those leads to the right salesperson. So, the sales manager can free up his time rather than allocating each of them individually. The benefit is that the Sales department can respond to the hottest leads immediately, qualifying them right away and increasing the chances of a successful engagement.
- Share information on all prospects and customers: With the mobile app, a sales rep with a prospective lead should be able to find past history of the previous contacts with this prospect in terms of all sales intelligence entered at that time. Otherwise, regarding a new contact at an existing account, they can get complete information on the relationship— including products purchased, licenses held, and any outstanding maintenance issues in no time.
- Business Intelligence: A good mobile CRM software like Relaso sales CRM can give you smart capabilities for data analysis by pulling in data from sales activities and inserting it into a well formatted report or intuitive dashboard. A web-based dashboard can help your manager monitor opportunities, react to changes, and work towards their quotas.They can also use the dashboard to get a high-level overview of key metrics, while drilling down for further information.
- Closing more Deals in less time: Mobile CRM can help you close deals faster with lesser interactions. And that means you can give more time to prospect or work on new opportunities. Imagine this: you are outside the office and you’ve been following a prospect for a month with phone calls. The prospect’s company is willing to close the deal, but now they want a quick summary of the various options you’ve offered them. You are pretty sure you’ve assured them additional services and even offered a special discount, but it was sometime ago. You know that you have this information stored at your company database, which is, unfortunately, far away right now.
“I will send the details tomorrow by email” is not a good way to respond, when you are trying to close the deal ASAP. With mobile CRM, you have all the critical information available for you to win sales. No need to return to the office in order to follow up on your customers or even submit orders. You simply can take care of the entire process via your mobile device.