Customers are driving growth and transforming their sales teams by adopting better ways to manage their sales function with the help of an intelligent Mobile CRM solution. Businesses seeking a truly mobile workforce must provide its workers the right mobile CRM, a set of extensive tools that is flexible and provide seamless integration. While today’s mobile CRM solutions work on smartphones and tablets powered by Android, BlackBerry, iOS and Windows, one can’t assume that what works well on computers will work equally well on mobile devices.
Organize your decision-making process around the tips below and you will be well placed to make an informed decision about your new mobile CRM. Alternatively, use the tips to assess the performance of a system already in place.
- Requirements: It may seem obvious, but it is impossible to choose correctly without determining what your company’s requirements are. Ask yourself which departments need to use a CRM platform and how many users there are likely to be. For companies intending to utilise their CRM primarily as a sales tool, a simple out-of-the-box deployment accessed only by sales, marketing and customer service is probably adequate. However, if you require extensibility to other departments, check with potential vendors if such options are available. Another area to investigate is the possibility of integration with applications already in place. For example, an investment bank is likely to need a complex, tailor-made solution with customized forms and connectivity with various external systems; a small family business, however, can probably make it without such complexity and the associated costs.
- Cloud vs. On-premise: If you analyse these two options, be sure of your reasons. On-premise is a good option for those companies who are concerned with data security and willing to pay more in advance in order to avoid a greater total cost of ownership later. However, a start-up with a low budget may go for the cloud because the initial cost is much lower. If your company is likely to evolve and require changing functionalities, making adjustments is easier with the cloud option, but at the same time offers less capacity for integration with other systems.
- Scalability: It should be one of the most sought after features. It is nice to have a good estimate about the expected number of users because it will be high but fairly stable in a midsize or large company, however, in case of a start-up, it keeps on changing as the time progresses. A cloud solution allows for such flexibly because the number may go up or down with individual licences. You should opt for a vendor that enables a swift change to an on-premise solution in case the size of your company abruptly changes.
- Predictive Analysis: Analytics provides you the ability to filter and review charts, graphs on sales pipeline, sales cycle analytics, activity effort etc. With the maturity of big data and analytics, systems today can leverage existing data and identify customers’ future needs before they even know it. By integrating these capabilities into a mobile CRM like Relaso Sales CRM, the system can assist sales teams in identifying opportunities. Mobile CRM applications are also becoming more helpful as they provide insight into products that suits customer’s need. This is powerful because it shows clients that their needs are considered ahead of time.
- Social CRM Feature for better customer engagement: With the integration of Social CRM, you can combine everything you already know about each customer, prospect and lead in terms of their social media activity. And when a customer chooses to contact you via Twitter or Facebook, you can track and manage the conversation in more details in comparison with telephone or email inquiry. You’ll be able to act faster, respond better and anticipate your customers’ needs.
Additionally, You can monitor, track and benchmark your social media communications using different tools, dashboards and metrics. Customer service, marketing and sales can benefit from a holistic view of each individual customer, and can also use of social tools to communicate among themselves.
- Data Integration: Sometimes you may require to integrate your mobile CRM data with other sources of information. The nature of your business will tell the connectivity you require and some of these options may be available readily out-of-the-box. The theory is applicable for widely-used software such as marketing or accounting program. In other cases, a customization may be required.
- Workflow Notification: The mobile CRM should be able to notify users of important events in such a way the notifications are never missed. Smart alerts feature lets administrators instantly notify users of important workflow events to speed up business processes. This includes notifications about new customer leads, customer service responses, pricing approvals, expense authorizations, credit approvals, work assignments, and pretty much anything you can imagine.
Sales teams are under constant pressure to meet customer expectations, as well as bringing in revenue for the company. These pressures increase due to globalization. As per Aberdeen survey; companies that implement mobile sales force automation solutions are 1.5 times more likely to see an improvement in sales force productivity versus those that do not. Sales teams are increasingly looking for Mobile CRM technologies so that the field reps will be able to handle the more customer demands on a global basis in an effective way.
Companies that want to shorten the sales cycle typically face several major obstacles:
- Manual data entry takes away longer time: If a rep receives the list of his lead via email, he then has to manually key the data from the list into his customer relationship management (CRM) system. If he is slow in entering those data that will eat up crucial hours of his prime selling time. Analyzing a prospect’s profile means you have to spend hours researching companies and contacts online even before the first call. And once they’ve made the call, you still need more manual data entry. According to that CSO Insights study, salespeople are spending 18.8% of their time generating leads and researching accounts.
- Sales reporting cuts into selling time: Sales reps can spend hours each week gathering information on current sales opportunities to satisfy management requests – and sometimes rushing to meet deadlines. Some study say that sales reps were spending 60% or more of their time in non-selling activities such as paperwork, reports, training, and sales meetings. The CSO Insights study also found that salespeople are spending nearly a quarter of their time on meetings and administrative tasks, including reporting.
- Lack of sharing useful information: If information is not shared with other co-worker or Manager, you may miss some good opportunities. If they can’t easily see what your colleagues are doing, reps may worry that a call will interfere with the efforts of one of their sales colleagues. This way a hot prospect may go cold due to the delay.
- On-the road means disengaging with company information: Sales reps on the road without quick access to corporate systems can’t effectively address questions, place orders, or even compile detailed notes. Once they return to the office, they have to go through emails, spreadsheets, and handwritten notes to put detail information of each meeting within the company’s system and that leads to more time lost.
Mobile CRM solution should help you boost efficiency in ways you can measure, as quickly as possible.
74% of companies have allowed mobile access to CRM applications— and have increased the productivity of their sales teams by 14.6%
- Lead entry process should be automated: A good mobile CRM system can capture the contents of web forms and convert them into leads. A good mobile CRM app also captures lead from the social crm site. Then the system automatically allocate those leads to the right salesperson. So, the sales manager can free up his time rather than allocating each of them individually. The benefit is that the Sales department can respond to the hottest leads immediately, qualifying them right away and increasing the chances of a successful engagement.
- Share information on all prospects and customers: With the mobile app, a sales rep with a prospective lead should be able to find past history of the previous contacts with this prospect in terms of all sales intelligence entered at that time. Otherwise, regarding a new contact at an existing account, they can get complete information on the relationship— including products purchased, licenses held, and any outstanding maintenance issues in no time.
- Business Intelligence: A good mobile CRM software like Relaso sales CRM can give you smart capabilities for data analysis by pulling in data from sales activities and inserting it into a well formatted report or intuitive dashboard. A web-based dashboard can help your manager monitor opportunities, react to changes, and work towards their quotas.They can also use the dashboard to get a high-level overview of key metrics, while drilling down for further information.
- Closing more Deals in less time: Mobile CRM can help you close deals faster with lesser interactions. And that means you can give more time to prospect or work on new opportunities. Imagine this: you are outside the office and you’ve been following a prospect for a month with phone calls. The prospect’s company is willing to close the deal, but now they want a quick summary of the various options you’ve offered them. You are pretty sure you’ve assured them additional services and even offered a special discount, but it was sometime ago. You know that you have this information stored at your company database, which is, unfortunately, far away right now.
“I will send the details tomorrow by email” is not a good way to respond, when you are trying to close the deal ASAP. With mobile CRM, you have all the critical information available for you to win sales. No need to return to the office in order to follow up on your customers or even submit orders. You simply can take care of the entire process via your mobile device.