While building a business case for a major investment, whether it be for a new hire, new piece of equipment, or even a company acquisition, it is very crucial that you present the ROI which shows a rapid return for the investment. And the same theory is true for software solutions such as Customer Relationship Management (CRM). With more functionalities of Mobile CRM like automation and access to real-time information, businesses today have many more options to support strategic goals, communicate almost in real-time, and build long lasting and profitable relationships with customers.
You may consider the top capabilities as follows in order to guarantee ROI from your CRM implementation:
- Mobile CRM boost sales productivity: According to a new Nucleus Research report, social and mobile access to CRM applications increased the productivity of sales people by 26.4 percent. Apart from this, mobile solution can help the CRM with broader corporate objectives. The software is quickly moving beyond apps with improved functionalities. The better visibility of the app allowed sales people to more readily identify accounts they need to contact on the basis of location and pipeline and helped managers keep better tabs on which accounts need to be managed proactively.
- Choose features wisely: Focus your efforts on using more features that actually matter to your business, and less on the features that you don’t need. Many CRM systems aren’t customized to fit your business needs. Investing in additional features, integration or customization, automating critical workflows and business processes within your system can take it to the next level. All this will further help increase productivity and thus an increase in your ROI.
- Get Social: Social networking is, perhaps, the biggest trend and change facing IT professionals. Clients expect to directly communicate with their brands and vendors, and companies must quickly respond via the same channels. “For years we have focused too much on the management of our customer relationships, and we now need to focus much more on the relationship part, we need to collaborate, we need to inject a sense of mutual benefit into everything we do with our customers,” said Gartner research director Jim Davies.
- Analyze Data: Organizations that integrates mobile CRM systems and social networks not only satisfy customers’ desire to communicate over multiple channels, they also generate structured and unstructured data. If those data is associated with powerful analytic tools, the software solution is going to provide businesses insight into their customers, trend information, and valuable research document. These analytic tools can drill-down further into the consumers’ information, either private information collected through interactions between company and client, or public data collected through the customer’s postings on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Combining together, this information creates a holistic view of the clients, their likes and dislikes, giving businesses a better ability for effective marketing, product-development, and support offerings to customers’ specific needs.
- Ensure that manager act on data: Sales managers will need to take a look of the information and reports from the mobile CRM like Realso Sales CRM. They not only analyze them, they should also act on them. For example, if they find that several leads are exiting the sales funnel at the demo stage, they should begin the process of changing the demo. If they find out that there are hundreds of leads that they are not in touch over a year, they should make a marketing agenda to nurture them and change processes that their sales reps follow. If they aren’t willing to take time to analyze reports or make changes based on them, they won’t be taking advantage of the power of their CRM.
- Consider ongoing maintenance costs: Sometimes you may overlook the ongoing maintenance costs for the software due to steep upfront costs associated with deployment of on-premises licensed software. You should also consider these. What is the annual vendor maintenance fee associated with the license? Is there enough support built into the vendor subscription fees, or any extra charges for premium support? What ongoing application maintenance and user help desk support is required? How will maintenance costs grow over time? Is third-party maintenance a better alternative?
- User Adoption: User adoption poses a challenge after mobile CRM deployments. One of the main reason that CRM adoption fails due to the low user adoption. One of the best ways to achieve successful CRM user adoption is to define the roles for each team and its members within the project. Involve your team early, from the start till the end of the implementation process.Training part is equally important. Make sure that the users are taught how to use every part of the system, that they will be required to utilize in the CRM. Also, ensure that user adoption is encouraged at all levels of management.
Sales teams are under constant pressure to meet customer expectations, as well as bringing in revenue for the company. These pressures increase due to globalization. As per Aberdeen survey; companies that implement mobile sales force automation solutions are 1.5 times more likely to see an improvement in sales force productivity versus those that do not. Sales teams are increasingly looking for Mobile CRM technologies so that the field reps will be able to handle the more customer demands on a global basis in an effective way.
Companies that want to shorten the sales cycle typically face several major obstacles:
- Manual data entry takes away longer time: If a rep receives the list of his lead via email, he then has to manually key the data from the list into his customer relationship management (CRM) system. If he is slow in entering those data that will eat up crucial hours of his prime selling time. Analyzing a prospect’s profile means you have to spend hours researching companies and contacts online even before the first call. And once they’ve made the call, you still need more manual data entry. According to that CSO Insights study, salespeople are spending 18.8% of their time generating leads and researching accounts.
- Sales reporting cuts into selling time: Sales reps can spend hours each week gathering information on current sales opportunities to satisfy management requests – and sometimes rushing to meet deadlines. Some study say that sales reps were spending 60% or more of their time in non-selling activities such as paperwork, reports, training, and sales meetings. The CSO Insights study also found that salespeople are spending nearly a quarter of their time on meetings and administrative tasks, including reporting.
- Lack of sharing useful information: If information is not shared with other co-worker or Manager, you may miss some good opportunities. If they can’t easily see what your colleagues are doing, reps may worry that a call will interfere with the efforts of one of their sales colleagues. This way a hot prospect may go cold due to the delay.
- On-the road means disengaging with company information: Sales reps on the road without quick access to corporate systems can’t effectively address questions, place orders, or even compile detailed notes. Once they return to the office, they have to go through emails, spreadsheets, and handwritten notes to put detail information of each meeting within the company’s system and that leads to more time lost.
Mobile CRM solution should help you boost efficiency in ways you can measure, as quickly as possible.
74% of companies have allowed mobile access to CRM applications— and have increased the productivity of their sales teams by 14.6%
- Lead entry process should be automated: A good mobile CRM system can capture the contents of web forms and convert them into leads. A good mobile CRM app also captures lead from the social crm site. Then the system automatically allocate those leads to the right salesperson. So, the sales manager can free up his time rather than allocating each of them individually. The benefit is that the Sales department can respond to the hottest leads immediately, qualifying them right away and increasing the chances of a successful engagement.
- Share information on all prospects and customers: With the mobile app, a sales rep with a prospective lead should be able to find past history of the previous contacts with this prospect in terms of all sales intelligence entered at that time. Otherwise, regarding a new contact at an existing account, they can get complete information on the relationship— including products purchased, licenses held, and any outstanding maintenance issues in no time.
- Business Intelligence: A good mobile CRM software like Relaso sales CRM can give you smart capabilities for data analysis by pulling in data from sales activities and inserting it into a well formatted report or intuitive dashboard. A web-based dashboard can help your manager monitor opportunities, react to changes, and work towards their quotas.They can also use the dashboard to get a high-level overview of key metrics, while drilling down for further information.
- Closing more Deals in less time: Mobile CRM can help you close deals faster with lesser interactions. And that means you can give more time to prospect or work on new opportunities. Imagine this: you are outside the office and you’ve been following a prospect for a month with phone calls. The prospect’s company is willing to close the deal, but now they want a quick summary of the various options you’ve offered them. You are pretty sure you’ve assured them additional services and even offered a special discount, but it was sometime ago. You know that you have this information stored at your company database, which is, unfortunately, far away right now.
“I will send the details tomorrow by email” is not a good way to respond, when you are trying to close the deal ASAP. With mobile CRM, you have all the critical information available for you to win sales. No need to return to the office in order to follow up on your customers or even submit orders. You simply can take care of the entire process via your mobile device.